Einstein To Gandhiji !!

With all the news hovering around Gandhiji's last letter written 19 days before his assassination,here is an interesting letter I found on the net. The letter was written by the eminent scientist of all time ,Albert Einstein and then the reply from our Bapu to Him.


Have a look at it :




The translation of it was :
"Respected Mr. Gandhi !
I use the presence of your friend in our home to send you these lines. You have shown through your works, that it is possible to succeed without violence even with those who have not discarded the method of violence. We may hope that your example will spread beyond the borders of your country, and will help to establish an international authority, respected by all, that will take decisions and replace war conflicts.With sincere admiration,Yours A. Einstein.I hope that I will be able to meet you face to face some day. "

The reply was:
"DEAR FRIEND,I was delighted to have your beautiful letter sent through Sundaram. It is a great consolation to me that the work I am doing finds favour in your sight. I do indeed wish that we could meet face to face and that too in India at my Ashram.
Yours sincerely,
M. K. GANDHI"


The following link also depicts the views of Einstein about Gandhiji -> a very admirable fact that how popular He became worldwide taking into account a wide difference in the means of communication in the past and the present.
Link to the site : http://streams.gandhiserve.org/einstein.html

No comments: